- New York Giants: You Get What You Pay For
- New York Giants 2016 Season Preview
- Tim Duncan: The Most Overlooked Superstar of the Modern Era
- 7 Potential Trades for Russell Westbrook
- Kevin Durant Is a Warrior: How’d We Get Here & What Does It Mean
- Game 7 Preview: There’s More than Just a Trophy On the Line
- Let’s Not Overlook What the Thunder Accomplished This Year
- 5 Tips to Help You Win Your NCAA Bracket Pool
- Don’t Sleep on the Boston Celtics Come Playoff Time
- I’m Bored of Steph Curry: A Few Ideas to Make the Game Fair Again
Magic Johnson Believes Los Angeles Will Have a NFL Team in Two Years
- Updated: August 13, 2014
Former NBA great Magic Johnson is an ambassador for the city of Los Angeles. After spending his career with the Lakers, Johnson bought a part-ownership in the Dodgers, and is now trying to bring the NFL to the city he calls home.
Johnson told Yahoo! Sports that he believes Los Angeles will have a NFL team within the next two years while watching the Raiders/Cowboys joint practice.
“I think for the first time, I truly believe we’re going to get a team,” Johnson said Tuesday at the joint Raiders-Cowboys practice, via Yahoo! Sports. “Finally. Everybody is on board. The city is on board. The business community is on board. The NFL is on board. Finally we have momentum. In the next couple years, at least in the next 24 months, I think one team will be coming. I don’t know what team that will be, but I believe in the next two years we’ll have a team.”
Johnson isn’t even hinting at a new expansion team. He believes that the Raiders might be best suited to return to the city it used to call home.
“It would be great to have the Raiders back in L.A., I would love for that to happen,” Johnson said. “But that’s going to be up to Mark [Davis] and the Raiders and the NFL. But I would love to have the Raiders back in L.A., where they belong. We just want a team, we want a team in the worst way.”
The Raiders are currently exploring options, one of which is San Antonio, but the Cowboys and the Spurs don’t seem to be very happen with that potential idea. Los Angeles is the second biggest media market in the country, and it doesn’t feel right that they don’t have a team in the biggest professional sport.