- Tim Duncan: The Most Overlooked Superstar of the Modern Era
- 7 Potential Trades for Russell Westbrook
- Kevin Durant Is a Warrior: How’d We Get Here & What Does It Mean
- Game 7 Preview: There’s More than Just a Trophy On the Line
- Let’s Not Overlook What the Thunder Accomplished This Year
- 5 Tips to Help You Win Your NCAA Bracket Pool
- Don’t Sleep on the Boston Celtics Come Playoff Time
- I’m Bored of Steph Curry: A Few Ideas to Make the Game Fair Again
- Cam Newton & Steph Curry are Leading a New Revolution in Sports
- New York Giants: Odell Beckham Jr. Messed Up, But He’s No Monster
Houston Rockets, Joey Dorsey Agree on 2-Year Deal
- Updated: July 15, 2014
After trading away Omer Asik earlier this offseason to clear cap space for the team’s run at another superstar, the Houston Rockets have agreed to terms with Joey Dorsey to be Dwight Howard’s new backup.
Yahoo Sources: Free agent center Joey Dorsey reaches agreement on a two-year deal with the Houston Rockets. http://t.co/623JnyjWLa
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 15, 2014
Dorsey is a physical monster, standing 6-foot-9 and weighing in at 275-pounds, but lacks the refinement in his offensive game to make him a serious threat on the block.
Dorsey spent last season playing overseas with FC Barcelona, where he was a starter for the team which made the Euroleague Final Four.
Dorsey was drafted out of Memphis in 2008 and had quick stints with the Kings and Raptors before heading overseas where he’s played for the last several years.