- Tim Duncan: The Most Overlooked Superstar of the Modern Era
- 7 Potential Trades for Russell Westbrook
- Kevin Durant Is a Warrior: How’d We Get Here & What Does It Mean
- Game 7 Preview: There’s More than Just a Trophy On the Line
- Let’s Not Overlook What the Thunder Accomplished This Year
- 5 Tips to Help You Win Your NCAA Bracket Pool
- Don’t Sleep on the Boston Celtics Come Playoff Time
- I’m Bored of Steph Curry: A Few Ideas to Make the Game Fair Again
- Cam Newton & Steph Curry are Leading a New Revolution in Sports
- New York Giants: Odell Beckham Jr. Messed Up, But He’s No Monster
Andrew Wiggins Prefers the Philadelphia 76ers
- Updated: June 10, 2014
If the Philadelphia 76ers landed the first overall pick in this month’s NBA Draft, there’s a very good chance Andrew Wiggins would have been the top pick. Instead, the Sixers were awarded the third overall pick, but Wiggins still may be available when it’s their turn on the clock.
If it was up to Wiggins, he’d find a way to end up alongside Michael Carter-Williams and Nerlens Noel, according to ESPN’s Chad Ford.
This is a dream scenario for the 76ers. They would take Wiggins at No. 1 if they could, and having him fall to No. 3 would be a godsend. The Sixers actually have engaged the Cavs about moving to No. 1. They aren’t willing to give up both the Nos. 3 and 10 picks. But a combination of No. 3 and Thaddeus Young is a possibility. And it’s a great scenario for Wiggins, as well. Of the three top teams, his camp prefers the Sixers as the best possible fit.
The Sixers already have a young point guard and a young center, so adding a young wing could complete their future “Big 3”.