- The Giants Need to Reverse History to Beat Minnesota
- New York Giants: You Get What You Pay For
- New York Giants 2016 Season Preview
- Tim Duncan: The Most Overlooked Superstar of the Modern Era
- 7 Potential Trades for Russell Westbrook
- Kevin Durant Is a Warrior: How’d We Get Here & What Does It Mean
- Game 7 Preview: There’s More than Just a Trophy On the Line
- Let’s Not Overlook What the Thunder Accomplished This Year
- 5 Tips to Help You Win Your NCAA Bracket Pool
- Don’t Sleep on the Boston Celtics Come Playoff Time
New York Jets: Mike Vick Chooses #8 to Honor Steve Young
- Updated: April 28, 2014
Today, New York Jets’ quarterback Mike Vick announced that he will wear the #8 for Gang Green next season. With Geno Smith already owning #7, Vick has said that he choose the number-8 as tribute to one of his favorite players, Hall of Famer Steve Young.
Vick has lofty expectations, and sounds like he believes that not only he will beat out Geno Smith in training camp, but get the Jets to the Super Bowl. He posted, “I want to see everybody in there MV8 jerseys this year. I appreciate all the fans that helped. Fresh start..new me! #JetsNation #GangGreen #V8”.
While his confidence is there, Vick still has a one way to go before the season. Even if he doesn’t beat out smith for the starting job, he has put himself in the perfect position to become the newest spokesman for V8. Will 8 be great? The Jets sure hope so.