- Tim Duncan: The Most Overlooked Superstar of the Modern Era
- 7 Potential Trades for Russell Westbrook
- Kevin Durant Is a Warrior: How’d We Get Here & What Does It Mean
- Game 7 Preview: There’s More than Just a Trophy On the Line
- Let’s Not Overlook What the Thunder Accomplished This Year
- 5 Tips to Help You Win Your NCAA Bracket Pool
- Don’t Sleep on the Boston Celtics Come Playoff Time
- I’m Bored of Steph Curry: A Few Ideas to Make the Game Fair Again
- Cam Newton & Steph Curry are Leading a New Revolution in Sports
- New York Giants: Odell Beckham Jr. Messed Up, But He’s No Monster
New York Giants: Walter Thurmond says He’s “The Best Slot Corner in the League”
- Updated: April 22, 2014
The New York Giants’ secondary was a weak spot in 2013, so general manager Jerry Reese revamped the unit in free agency this offseason.
Reese signed former Broncos’ corner Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and former Seahawks’ corner Walter Thurmond to bolster the unit. Thurmond, the slot corner in Seattle’s “Legion of Boom”, is already bringing that cocky attitude to Big Blue.
On the first day OTAs, Thurmond said the Giants have a chance to have a great secondary and that he was “the best slot cornerback in the league.”
More from CB Walt Thurmond: “I’m the best slot corner in the league.” … Looks like @RSherman_25 rubbed off on him a little last year.
— Ralph Vacchiano (@RVacchianoNYDN) April 22, 2014
If Thurmond isn’t the best slot corner in the league, he’s at least in the conversation. Some of the other names in that conversation are Tyrann Mathieu of the Cardinals, Chris Harris of the Broncos, and Captain Munnerlyn of the Vikings.