- Tim Duncan: The Most Overlooked Superstar of the Modern Era
- 7 Potential Trades for Russell Westbrook
- Kevin Durant Is a Warrior: How’d We Get Here & What Does It Mean
- Game 7 Preview: There’s More than Just a Trophy On the Line
- Let’s Not Overlook What the Thunder Accomplished This Year
- 5 Tips to Help You Win Your NCAA Bracket Pool
- Don’t Sleep on the Boston Celtics Come Playoff Time
- I’m Bored of Steph Curry: A Few Ideas to Make the Game Fair Again
- Cam Newton & Steph Curry are Leading a New Revolution in Sports
- New York Giants: Odell Beckham Jr. Messed Up, But He’s No Monster
Watch: Gareth Bale Cup Winning Solo Goal
- Updated: April 16, 2014
Gareth Bale has won his first trophy in professional club football with Real Madrid after his world-record transfer from Tottenham this summer, and his wonderful cup winning solo goal that started within his own half in the 85th minute was just the icing on the cake.
Real Madrid won the “Clasico” Copa del Rey Cup 2-1 over Barcelona, in a match where Bale and co. were without Cristiano Ronaldo, but it didn’t seem to matter when the young Welsh international pushed the ball past Marc Bartra and turned on the “ludicrous speed” switch in the open field.
Look at the speed, the strength, the perseverance, and the calm finish past Pinto in the Barcelona net.
Even if it wasn’t the Copa del Rey winner, it would still be remembered as one of the best solo goals ever.