- Tim Duncan: The Most Overlooked Superstar of the Modern Era
- 7 Potential Trades for Russell Westbrook
- Kevin Durant Is a Warrior: How’d We Get Here & What Does It Mean
- Game 7 Preview: There’s More than Just a Trophy On the Line
- Let’s Not Overlook What the Thunder Accomplished This Year
- 5 Tips to Help You Win Your NCAA Bracket Pool
- Don’t Sleep on the Boston Celtics Come Playoff Time
- I’m Bored of Steph Curry: A Few Ideas to Make the Game Fair Again
- Cam Newton & Steph Curry are Leading a New Revolution in Sports
- New York Giants: Odell Beckham Jr. Messed Up, But He’s No Monster
Philadelphia 76ers sign Darius Johnson-Odom to 10-Day Contract
- Updated: March 13, 2014
The Philadelphia 76ers are really, really good at this whole tanking thing.
As if losing 18 games in a row wasn’t enough, the Sixers are doing more to solidify themselves as the worst team in the league. Philadelphia has signed former Laker guard Darius Johnson-Odom to a 10-day contract.
Philadelphia plans to sign Darius Johnson-Odom to a 10-day contract, sources tell Yahoo. He’s been playing for Springfield in D-League.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) March 13, 2014
The 24-year-old former Marquette Golden Eagle has spent the season playing for the Springfield Armor. Johnson-Odom is averaging 22 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 6.1 assists per game in 27 games this season. In the 2012-2013 season, Johnson-Odom played four games with the Lakers, but didn’t record a single point.
But at this point, the 76ers are willing to try anything. Michael Carter-Williams, Tony Wroten, and Thaddeus Young are the only three players that are any sort of future building blocks -even though Henry Sims has been playing extremely well as of late- so why not try something new.
Jason Collins recently signed a 10-day contract with the Brooklyn Nets and has now been signed through the rest of the season, DJO could be next in line for a similar deal if he plays well.