- Tim Duncan: The Most Overlooked Superstar of the Modern Era
- 7 Potential Trades for Russell Westbrook
- Kevin Durant Is a Warrior: How’d We Get Here & What Does It Mean
- Game 7 Preview: There’s More than Just a Trophy On the Line
- Let’s Not Overlook What the Thunder Accomplished This Year
- 5 Tips to Help You Win Your NCAA Bracket Pool
- Don’t Sleep on the Boston Celtics Come Playoff Time
- I’m Bored of Steph Curry: A Few Ideas to Make the Game Fair Again
- Cam Newton & Steph Curry are Leading a New Revolution in Sports
- New York Giants: Odell Beckham Jr. Messed Up, But He’s No Monster
Watch: Steve Smith Responds To Idiotic Question In The Most Epic Way Possible
- Updated: January 13, 2014
Steve Smith of the Carolina Panthers was once a top wide receiver in the NFL. While he certainly is a playmaker, his production is on the decline. Despite this, he fought through a knee injury and made key plays in the first half that gave the Panthers a fighting chance.
At the end of the day, the Panthers still lost.
After working extremely hard for the entire offseason and season, not to mention the previous years in which he did not make the playoffs, Steve Smith must have been pretty distraught after going one-and-done during this years NFL playoffs.
That did not stop one incredibly intelligent reporter from asking:
“Will you be cheering for the Seahawks against the Niners given how chippy this was today, or do you not really care at this point?”
I could describe Steve Smith’s reaction, but I’ll just let you watch what happens.
You really want me to thump you upside the head? That was the dumbest question, and that’s the second dumbest question you’ve asked. I only cheer for one team. Actually, two teams. My team and my kid’s team. Other than that I can give a bleep.
I don’t blame Smith at all, in fact I applaud him. Reporters always ask dumb questions like these at the wrong time. Good job putting the reporter in his place without going to jail.