- Tennessee Titans: Jake Locker No Longer in Team’s Long Term Plans
- Washington Redskins: Jay Gruden Hints at Week 11 Return for Robert Griffin III
- Denver Broncos Stop Contract Talks With Demaryius & Julius Thomas
- Cleveland Cavaliers: Kevin Love Wants More Post Touches
- Report: Bulls’ Joakim Noah’s Knee Will be an Issue All Season
- Mike Vick: Percy Harvin “Won’t Be a Monster” With New York Jets
- NBA Western Conference: Contenders, Pretenders & Basement Dwellers
- Chiefs’ Jamaal Charles: I Didn’t Want to Go Through Concussion Protocol
- New York Jets: Sign Jeremy Kerley to 4-Year Extension
- Source: Minnesota Twins Will Name Paul Molitor New Manager
2014 Olympic Ice Hockey Preview: Group B
- Updated: December 6, 2013
The 2014 Olympics are set to kick off in Sochi, Russia, in just a couple of months. That makes it a good time for us to start looking at the 12 teams competing in what should be a fantastic ice hockey tournament – one I am predicting to top even the Vancouver games.
Let me start by apologizing for my coverage of the most exciting group in my initial 2014 Olympic preview. That was the equivalent of having the climax of a movie in the first half hour. Why is that? Well, barring huge upsets, Groups B and C are both pretty predictable. I would also like to retract my comment that I would not label Group A the Group of Death yet. I changed my mind already, it is. So, I am sorry, and it will never happen again.
Today, we look at Group B, which looks like it is Canada’s for the taking. Can Finland take the next step and get past the semifinals? Will Austria or Norway be a Cinderella story?