- A Blast From the Past: Revisiting and Re-Analyzing the 2002 NFL Draft
- Imagining What Would Be the Greatest Backcourt Ever if the Los Angeles Lakers Sign JR Smith
- The Second Coming of Curry: Why Seth Curry has a Chance to Stick with the Sacramento Kings
- Frankly Frankel: July 18, 2015
- Sacramento Kings: How Willie Cauley-Stein Fits with Demarcus Cousins
- New York Giants: Using History to Project Ereck Flowers’ Production at Left Tackle
- Frankly Frankel: July 4, 2015
- Why Doesn’t Anyone Want to Play for the New York Knicks or Los Angeles Lakers?
- Frankly Frankel: June 27, 2015
- Mike Lucas’ Inside Guide to the 2015 NBA Draft
2014 Olympic Ice Hockey Preview: Group B
- Updated: December 6, 2013
The 2014 Olympics are set to kick off in Sochi, Russia, in just a couple of months. That makes it a good time for us to start looking at the 12 teams competing in what should be a fantastic ice hockey tournament – one I am predicting to top even the Vancouver games.
Let me start by apologizing for my coverage of the most exciting group in my initial 2014 Olympic preview. That was the equivalent of having the climax of a movie in the first half hour. Why is that? Well, barring huge upsets, Groups B and C are both pretty predictable. I would also like to retract my comment that I would not label Group A the Group of Death yet. I changed my mind already, it is. So, I am sorry, and it will never happen again.
Today, we look at Group B, which looks like it is Canada’s for the taking. Can Finland take the next step and get past the semifinals? Will Austria or Norway be a Cinderella story?