- Cleveland Cavaliers: GM Admits Concerns About Lack of Rim Protection
- Ty Lawson Says Don’t Sleep on the Denver Nuggets in 2014-2015
- New York Giants: Eli Manning Says Team Stayed Healthy, That’s the Most Important Thing
- Rams’ Michael Sam: “I’m Very Confident I’ll be on an NFL Roster”
- Seattle Mariners: Jesus Montero Involved in Altercation During Rehab Assignment
- Remembering the 2004 USA Olympic Basketball Team
- 2014 NFC West Preview: Seattle Remains on Top
- Peyton Manning on Taunting Fine: “Money Well Spent”
- Mike Lucas’ 2014 College Football Preview & Predictions
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Allen Hurns Looks Like a “Diamond in the Rough”
2014 Olympic Ice Hockey Preview: Group B
- Updated: December 6, 2013
The 2014 Olympics are set to kick off in Sochi, Russia, in just a couple of months. That makes it a good time for us to start looking at the 12 teams competing in what should be a fantastic ice hockey tournament – one I am predicting to top even the Vancouver games.
Let me start by apologizing for my coverage of the most exciting group in my initial 2014 Olympic preview. That was the equivalent of having the climax of a movie in the first half hour. Why is that? Well, barring huge upsets, Groups B and C are both pretty predictable. I would also like to retract my comment that I would not label Group A the Group of Death yet. I changed my mind already, it is. So, I am sorry, and it will never happen again.
Today, we look at Group B, which looks like it is Canada’s for the taking. Can Finland take the next step and get past the semifinals? Will Austria or Norway be a Cinderella story?