- Happy Halloween: The Scariest Player in Each Professional Sport
- Report: Kawhi Leonard Unlikely to Sign Contract Extension with Spurs
- New Orleans Pelicans: Anthony Davis is the NBA’s Third Best Player
- World Series: Bumgarner Pitches Giants to 3rd Title in 5 Years
- Lucas and Lucas: October 29, 2014
- Neil Shulman’s College Football Playoff Picks: Week 9
- New England Patriots: Week 9 Broncos Game is a “Must-Win”
- Red Sox manager John Farrell responds to Report that Coaches all “Hate” Yoenis Cespedes
- NCAA: Todd Gurley Suspension to Last 2 More Games
- NFL VP of Officiating Dean Blandino: Pass Interference on Steve Smith was Right Call
2014 Olympic Ice Hockey Preview: Group B
- Updated: December 6, 2013
The 2014 Olympics are set to kick off in Sochi, Russia, in just a couple of months. That makes it a good time for us to start looking at the 12 teams competing in what should be a fantastic ice hockey tournament – one I am predicting to top even the Vancouver games.
Let me start by apologizing for my coverage of the most exciting group in my initial 2014 Olympic preview. That was the equivalent of having the climax of a movie in the first half hour. Why is that? Well, barring huge upsets, Groups B and C are both pretty predictable. I would also like to retract my comment that I would not label Group A the Group of Death yet. I changed my mind already, it is. So, I am sorry, and it will never happen again.
Today, we look at Group B, which looks like it is Canada’s for the taking. Can Finland take the next step and get past the semifinals? Will Austria or Norway be a Cinderella story?