- NFL Draft: Top 5 Safety Prospects
- NFL Draft: Top 5 Running Back Prospects
- NFL Thanksgiving Games Preview
- The Toronto Raptors are Legitimate NBA Title Contenders
- WATCH: Richard Sherman Goes Off on NFL in Press Conference
- Breaking Down the NFL’s Crowded Offensive Rookie of the Year Race
- Should the New York Giants Fire Tom Coughlin?
- Los Angeles Lakers: Xavier Henry Suffers Ruptured Achilles Tendon in Practice
- Source: Bob Stoops is the Favorite to be Will Muschamp’s Replacement
- Report: Red Sox Agree with Sandoval, Hanley
Scouting Report: South Carolina DT Kelcy Quarles
- Updated: November 23, 2013
South Carolina DT, Junior
Quarles has all the measurable’s to be a solid and long-term DT. Currently with 7
sacks he’s shown the ability to stop the run and knowledgeable enough to break through
the OL and impact the pass rush. Quarles size is very comparable to Ndamukong Suh at
6’4 and just under 300 lbs. Quarles gets off the line with the speed and agility that is
expected in the NFL.
Quarles days ago announced he will enter the draft and forgo his senior year. Has been a
starter in Lorenzo Ward’s South Carolina defense since his freshman year and has
definitely come a long way. Showing slight signs of needing a back-up during minor
injuries and fatigue but Quarles is tough enough to not be on the sideline for long. Line
Quarles with pass rushing DE and a run stopping DT and Quarles is capable of delivering
tackles for a loss and chasing down runners outside of the tackle box. Currently in a 4-2
Nickel system Quarles fits in a 4-3 system perfect as a DT; but in a 3-4 system may offer
depth as a DE.
From Greenwood, SC. Quarles has been around other NFL up and coming players
like DJ Swearinger and the late Gaines Adams. You can expect the same southern style
DL and attitude as a Gaines Adams. With a military school background you can also
expect him not to get into trouble off the field; while his on the field play is tough
Quarles has been suspended for one game in the past. Any team that needs a DL can
invest confidently in Quarles.
2014 Draft Evaluation